Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More Nuclear Whitewash spin

In The Australian today by a consulting nuclear engineer - no possible conflict of interest there. The Australian newspaper is unbelievable in its ability to mud-sling consistently and phrases like:
...Australia, is the key supplier of clean, green nuclear fuel for such programs...
are just unbelievable. Nuclear energy aint that clean and the economics are even grubbier. Don't get me wrong, i think nuclear energy is the least suckiest option on the table, but please stop trying to brainwash a whole new generation with the idea that it's a clean technology.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Aach said...

You might find this interesitng: a techno-thriller novel about the American nuclear power industry. Written by a longtime nuclear engineer, it provides an entertaining and accurate portrait of a nuclear power plant and how an accident might be handled. “Rad Decision” is currently at RadDecision.blogspot.com, at no cost to readers.

One reason you might want to check out Rad Decision is the reaction i've gotten from readers. While I work in the nuclear industry, I am truly not sure what our energy future should be, and my writing reflects that. I've had readers tell me the book made them more inclined to support nuclear energy, and others tell me they were now less inclined. So I must have danced down the middle pretty well.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home